The cookie recipe we grew up with and have all carried on into our own families today. Simple, elegant, delicious and perfect for any occasion! Simply change up your cookie cutter to fit the theme of your event. We love how these cookies are light and not overly sweet, so adding icing and sprinkles is a great option!
What you will need:
- ¾ cup butter; softened
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 eggs; lightly beaten
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup confectioner sugar
- 3-4 tbsp. Milk
- Food colouring (optional)
- Sprinkles (optional)
Prep Time: 45 minutes ⧫ Cook Time: 10 minutes ⧫ Yields: Approx. 58 cookies.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth and thoroughly combined.
- Add beaten eggs and vanilla, stir to mix. Gradually add in flour with baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead a few times until a smooth ball forms. Slice dough in half rolling each half into a ball. Wrap each ball in plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and spray baking sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out about a ¼ of an inch thick (not too thin or edges will burn) and use your choice of cookie cutters to cut out cookie shapes.
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely before icing.
- For icing, combine confectioner sugar and milk. Using a spatula, mix together until well combined. Use a knife to spread or a piping gun to decorate cookies!