Sometimes keeping it simple is the way to go! This has to be one of our most favourite ways to eat salmon. Juicy, flakes apart with the touch of a fork, melts in your mouth and only takes 10 minutes to cook! Fresh meaty salmon steaks seared to perfection and finished in a delicious honey garlic glaze. Enjoy this recipe year round for a light and satisfying healthy dinner option.
If you have a cast iron pan, we highly recommend you use it for this recipe.
Below recipe serves two. Recipe can easily be doubled.
What you will need:
- 1 salmon steak; deboned and separated into two filets
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 11 minutes
- Start by thoroughly deboning the salmon steak and cut it in half so you have two filets. Season both sides with a touch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl whisk together honey, lemon juice, garlic, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Set aside.
- Heat cast iron skillet to medium-high heat, add oil and butter. Once butter is melted and bubbling add salmon to the skillet, skin side down and sear skins for 1 minute until crispy.
- Flip salmon on it’s side and sear for 5 minutes until golden. Flip to sear the remaining side, add glaze and baste salmon while it cooks for the remaining 4-5 minutes. Serve immediately.