It’s that time of year when the leaves are starting to change colour, the evenings are getting cooler and the scent of pumpkin spice is in the air! These heavenly muffins are super moist, fluffy and completely delicious! Pumpkin spice and everything nice; these muffins are perfect for a quick breakfast on the go or afternoon snack. Carve out come time for these pumpkin spice muffins!
What you will need:
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. all spice (or ground cloves)
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 540ml can pumpkin puree
- ½ cup coconut oil; melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Prep Time: 20 minutes – Cook time: 22-24 minutes – Yields: 15 muffins
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and prep the muffin tray or liners. Lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and spices into a medium sized bowl and whisk together until well combined. Set aside
- In a smaller bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in pumpkin puree, melted coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and, using a spatula, mix together until dry ingredients have been incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Using a large spoon or ice cream scooper, evenly distribute batter into muffin liner. They should be nearly full to give you a nice full muffin top.
- Bake muffins for 22-24 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.