Light, smooth, creamy and absolutely delicious! This modern take on the classic deviled egg has a filling that’s whipped to perfection and bursting with unexpected delightful flavours. We can’t wait for you to try these dill-icious deviled appetizers.
Below makes 10 divided eggs.
What you will need:
- 5 eggs
- 1 strip of bacon; cooked;roughly chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Fresh dill; finely chopped
- 1 tbsp. Fresh chives; finely chopped
- ½ tsp. Mustard powder
- Place eggs in a medium sized pot, and cover with about 2 inches of water. Add vinegar (this makes it easier to peel the eggs), a pinch of salt and bring water to a boil. Once the water is nicely boiling, cover, turn off heat and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Prepare a medium sized bowl by adding cold water and ice cubes. Drain eggs, and immediately place in an ice bath to stop them cooking further. Let cool completely.
- Peel eggs, rinse and dry them. Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out the yolks, transferring them into a small mixing bowl. Arrange egg whites onto a serving platter.
- Add mayonnaise, fresh dill, chives, mustard powder and a pinch of salt into the mixing bowl with the egg yolks, and using an immersion blender, whip together until very creamy.
- Transfer whipped filling into a small ziplock bag, snip the bottom corner and pipe filling into the egg whites.
- Garnish with chopped bacon, fresh dill and chives. Cover lightly and let chill for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours before serving.
- Light, creamy and absolutely delicious! This modern take on the classic deviled egg has a filling that’s whipped to perfection and bursting with flavour. We can’t wait for you to try these dill-icious deviled appetizers.