Eating healthy can be extremely delicious. One of our new favourite pasta substitutes is spaghetti squash! It is so versatile, light and very easy to prepare. The options are endless for serving up this squash. Simply sprinkle with a little salt and pepper as a side, toss in a tomato sauce, or drizzle with a little butter and top with some grated parmesan cheese. However you like your pasta, you can create a guilt-free version with spaghetti squash!
What you will need:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Prep Time: 5 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or tin foil.
- Place squash on a large cutting board, stem side furthest away from you. Using a very sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise.
- Using an ice-cream scoop (or larger metal spoon) scoop out the pulp and seeds. Discard.
- Lightly brush squash with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer squash to a baking sheet and lay skin side up. This will allow more of the squash to become nice and caramelized. Bake for 45 minutes until easily pierced with a fork. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- To serve, use a large fork to gradually scrape out the squash flesh a little at a time. It will separate into spaghetti like strands. Serve hot!