This appetizer has all the summer flavour vibes that we are craving right now! So fresh, light and delicious these bites are truly a delight. Enjoy the most succulent chargrilled octopus, so tender it melts like butter in your mouth. Garnish with an ultra fresh bruschetta mix and pair with a chilled glass of white wine. Bon Appétit!
Did you know octopus is a very lean protein? It is low in calories and is filled with an abundance of vitamins and minerals that your body needs! Some may think the task of cooking octopus is daunting, but trust us, once you expand your cooking horizons and give it a try, you will love adding this protein into a variety of dishes!
What you will need:
- 4-5 octopus tentacles
- ⅓ cup grape tomatoes; quartered
- 2 tbsp. green onion; finely chopped
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- ½ a lemon
- Olive oil
- Balsamic glaze for drizzle
Prep Time: 10 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 66 minutes
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Dip tentacles into the boiling water three times each to allow the tentacles to curl. Drop tentacles into boiling water and adjust to a medium-low temperature. Boil octopus for 60 minutes until tender. You should be able to easily slide a paring knife into the thickest part of the tentacle.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, add tomatoes, green onion, garlic powder, salt and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to mix. Set aside.
- When the octopus is cooked, remove from water and season with a bit of salt. Heat BBQ to high heat, and sear octopus for 3-4 minutes per side until nicely charred in colour.
- Transfer octopus to a cutting board, squeeze with a generous amount of lemon and slice into approx 1 inch bite-sized pieces. Serve together with a little of the tomato mix and finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze. You can use appetizer spoons as we have or use toothpicks to layer ingredients.