Light, crunchy and perfect for dunking. We love how crisp these biscotti are on the outside yet slightly soft on the inside. The blend of apricots and almonds make for a delicate and subtle sweetness. This Italian inspired treat is delightfully paired with your morning coffee or tea, served as a dessert and are an excellent gift idea.
What you will need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter; room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds
- 8-10 dried apricots; thinly sliced
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 45 minutes ◊ Yields Approx: 20 biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. And line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt. Stir to mix.
- In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla extract, almond extract and nutmeg.
- Add dry ingredients into the bowl of wet ingredients and stir until a soft dough forms.
- Add the chopped apricots and sliced almonds to the bowl with the dough, then stir until thoroughly combined. Note: Set aside a few almond slices to press into the top of the biscotti.
- Divide the dough into two equal halves, then shape each into a flattened log, about 3 inches wide and 12 inches long. Place the logs a few inches apart on the baking sheet. Press a few almonds slices into the top of the dough logs for decoration.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the biscotti from the oven – leave the oven on. Let the biscotti cool approximately five minutes, then gently transfer them to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife cut the biscotti, on an angle, into 3/4-inch wide slices. Place the slices back on the baking sheet, cut sides up.
- Bake the sliced biscotti for five more minutes, then flip and bake for five minutes on the second side. Transfer biscotti to a wire rack and let cool completely before serving. Store in an airtight container or freeze for a later date.