These bruschetta chicken bombs are dynamite!! You can pretty much sum these flavour bombs up in one word: YUM! Here is a recipe you are going to want to add to your favourites. This fun chicken recipe is stuffed with a delicious bruschetta mix, wrapped in crispy bacon and cooked to perfection.
What you will need:
- 3 large chicken breast; cut in half
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 medium tomato; seeds removed and diced
- ¼ cup cooking onion; diced
- 1 small garlic clove; minced
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. fresh basil; finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 30 minutes ◊ Yields: 6 portions
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Drizzle a small skillet with olive oil, and bring to medium heat. Add onions and sauté until tender and lightly browned. Remove from heat and mix in garlic.
- In a medium sized bowl, add tomatoes, onion/garlic mix, balsamic vinegar, basil, a drizzle of olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss to mix. Set aside.
- Using a sharp paring knife, slice the center of each halved chicken breast to create a “pocket” inside. Use a small spoon to stuff as much filling inside the chicken as you can.
- Use 2 pieces of bacon to tightly wrap each chicken breast ensuring you fully close off the stuffed opening.
- Add olive oil to a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan and heat to medium-high heat. In batches, sear each side of the chicken for 2-3 minutes, and use the sides of the pan to ensure the bacon is crispy all around.
- Place seared chicken bombs on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.