Bake up some goodness with these bars! Super easy, absolutely bursting with flavour and perfect for any time of the year! If you are looking for an outstanding dessert option these berry oat bars are a complete crowd pleaser! These bars are easily made ahead and can be stored in the fridge to expedite the cooling process.
Below makes 16 bars.
What you will need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. dried coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp. butter; melted (can also use coconut oil)
- 3 cups frozen mixed berries; thawed and strained
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line an 8×8 cooking pan with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment is long enough to flow over the sides of the dish for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, add oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut flakes, ginger and salt. Toss to combine. Pour melted butter into bowl and mix together thoroughly until a crumble is formed.
- Spread alittle more than half of the crumble mixture over the bottom of the parchment lined pan, and press down firmly, forming an even base for your bars.
- In a medium bowl, add fruit, lemon juice, sugar and corn starch. Toss gently to coat.
- Spoon fruit over the prepared crust, then sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake bars for 38-40 minutes until crumble is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling. Remove from heat using the parchment paper and let cool completely on a wire rack.