Up Your Garnish Game! Have some leftover bread laying around? Add some crunch to your soups and salads this week with homemade herb croutons! When it comes to these bite-sized delights, it doesn’t get easier than this! Spice things up and customize them to whatever flavours you might be craving! All you need is 3 main ingredients: bread (any variety, ideally at least 1-2 days old), melted butter and spices!
What you will need:
*Quantities may vary based on how much bread you have left over*
- 2-3 cups bread
- ¼ cup butter; melted (you can also use olive oil)
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley; roughly chopped (or ½ tbsp. flakes)
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
Prep time: 10 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine butter and parsley (or other herbs you choose). Mix thoroughly.
- Slice bread into approx 1 inch cubes and transfer to a large bowl. Gradually drizzle butter mixture over bread and then sprinkle with garlic powder and salt. Toss gently until evenly coated.
- Spread bread cubes over baking sheet, and bake for approximately 15-17 minutes or until crispy and golden brown; turning half way through cooking time. Tip: You will want to keep an eye on your croutons as different thicknesses will require different cooking times.
- Let cool completely. Add to your favourite soups, salads or use in your holiday stuffings! Keeps well in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
**TIP** Need breadcrumbs? Just grab your rolling pin or food processor and create breadcrumbs of your prefered size.