Zest up your life with this refreshing, sweet and tangy summertime dessert! This classic is served in a buttery graham cracker crust, and loaded with a chilled creamy lime filling. A delicious and simple key lime recipe you can whip up on the fly and will keep you coming back for more!
What you will need:
Graham cracker crust
- ¼ cup butter; melted
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ¼ cup finely crushed graham cracker
Key lime filling
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 tsp. finely grated lime peel zest
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 cups whipping cream or cool whip
- Extra lime peel zest for decorative topping
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 6 minutes
- Spray a 9 inch pie plate with non-stick cooking spray (or 3 small tart tins). Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, melt butter then transfer into a medium sized bowl. Stir in sugar, add cracker crumbs then toss to mix. Spread crumble mixture evenly in pie plate, pressing down crumbs over bottom and up the sides of the pie plate.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes or until crust is lightly golden brown. Set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add condensed milk, lime zest, lime juice and whipping cream. Gently mix together until well combined. Place in fridge while waiting for graham cracker crusts to cool completely.
- Once pie crust has cooled, spoon key lime filling into awaiting crust; Use a spatula to spread mixture evenly inside crust. Garnish top of pie with a bit of lime zest.
- Let cool in fridge overnight or at least 4 hours before serving.