Tender, juicy and full of flavour! Make tex-mex night extra fun with these sizzling cast iron fajitas! Perfectly served family style with all the fixings. Wrap up your favourite flavour combinations in a flour tortilla or lose the wraps and dive right in creating individualized fork-fulls of deliciousness. Who is down for fajita Fridays?!
What you will need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 bell peppers; thinly sliced
- 1 medium white onion; thinly sliced
- 1 cup rice (we used Uncle Ben’s Fine Herb & Wild Rice)
- 1 tbsp. Olive oil
- Tortillas – warmed or grilled slightly on the bbq
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- ½ tsp. Dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper
- Tomato – diced
- Lettuce- chopped
- Cheddar Cheese; grated
- Sour Cream
- Start by pre-cooking the rice and set aside.
- Add all seasoning spices into a small bowl and mix thoroughly. Use ¾ the seasoning to coat your chicken, then sous-vide or bake chicken breasts until still slightly pink, (150-155 degrees). Tip: While chicken is cooking prepare your fixings so you are ready to serve.
- In a large cast iron skillet add olive oil and heat to medium-high heat. Sear chicken breasts for 1-2 minutes per side until golden brown. Remove from heat and slice.
- Add peppers, onions and the remained of the seasoning mixture to cast iron skillet. Cook until peppers and onions are tender and slightly charred from the skillet. Add cooked rice, and sliced chicken. Reduce heat to a simmer and gently mix to warm through for 1 minute.
- Serve hot and enjoy!