When life gives you lemons, make limoncello! This traditional Italian liqueur is the perfect summer pick-me-up! Just like Nona would make it, this extremely refreshing palate cleanser is the ultimate summer sipper. Keep chilled, and serve in frosted nightcap glasses for a fabulous after dinner treat. With just a few ingredients and a bit of time, you can create your own delicious lemon infused limoncello to last all summer long.
What you will need:
- 5 large lemons
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 cups water
- ¾ cups white sugar
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 2 hours
- Set Anova Sous Vide Precision Cooker to 135 degrees F.
- Thoroughly wash lemons, then pat dry. Using a vegetable peeler, remove zest from the lemons in stripes, being careful to avoid removing any of the white underneath. Save lemons for future use or try making our Sweet Summer Lemonade!
- Place zest stripes into a large ziplock bag and add vodka. Place bag in water bath and using the water immersion method seal the bag. Set timer for 2 hours.
- In the meantime, prepare the syrup. In a large saucepan, over medium-high heat, add water and sugar. Stir until sugar is thoroughly dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Once your 2 hour timer is complete, carefully mix syrup and lemon vodka mixture together. Use a funnel to transfer liqueur into bottles. Store in the fridge to keep chilled.