Peas Please! The sizzling Summer temperatures have arrived and many people are looking for a few lighter and brighter options! This pea purée is just the thing. We have classically paired this silky, mouth-watering purée with delicious cast iron seared scallops! This is one flavourful recipe that is sure to have you saying your peas and thanks!
What you will need:
- ½ cup frozen peas
- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- ¼ cup beef stock
- 2 tbsp. Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 small onion; chopped and caramelized
- 3 large mint leaves + 2-3 more for garnish
- Salt and pepper
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 15 minutes
- In a medium sized pan, heat oil and add onions. Cook for approx. 8-10 minutes on medium heat until onions are a nice deep golden brown. (if you don’t have roasted garlic handy, toss 3 garlic cloves in with onions to brown). Spoon caramelized onions into your waiting high power blender.
- In the same pan on medium-low heat, add the peas and cook until they turn bright green and start to golden – approx. 3-4 minutes.
- Add peas, roasted garlic, beef stock, lemon juice, mint and salt and pepper into the blender with your onions.
- Blend briefly until smooth. Transfer purée to a small serving dish and garnish with mint leaves. You can also spoon the purée into a squeeze bottle for a more decorative plating approach.