These magnificent strawberry oat bars make for an ultra delicious snack or beautiful dessert! The buttery crumble, enveloping a fresh juicy strawberry filling and drizzled with a subtle vanilla icing will have you completely hooked! Quick and easy to make, these bars will make you shine. Try these beauties out for your next special event!
Below makes 16 bars.
What you will need:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp. dried coconut flakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- Pinch of salt
- 6 tbsp. butter; melted (can also use coconut oil)
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp. white sugar
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp. milk
- ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and line an 8×8 cooking pan with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment is long enough to flow over the sides of the dish for easy removal.
- In a large bowl, add oats, flour, brown sugar, coconut flakes, ginger and salt. Toss to combine. Pour melted butter into bowl and mix together thoroughly until a crumble is formed.
- Spread half of the crumble mixture over the bottom of the parchment lined pan, and press down firmly, forming an even bottom for your bars.
- In a medium sized bowl, add sliced strawberries. Sprinkle strawberries with cornstarch, lemon juice and white sugar. Toss to thoroughly coat.
- Spoon coated fruit over the prepared crust, then sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the berries.
- Bake bars for 38-40 minutes until golden brown and fruit is bubbling. Remove from heat and let cool completely on a wire rack before icing. Tip: put bars in the freezer of fridge to expedite the cooling process.
- Once cooled completely, drizzle with icing and enjoy!