Welcome your family home to the delicious scent of apples and cinnamon! A perfect breakfast for busy mornings or a tasty afternoon snack. These muffins are an absolute treat! Loaded with apples and cinnamon spice, these muffins are twice as nice. Soft, moist, fluffy and packed with flavourful apple pie like filling, these muffins check all the right boxes.
Below makes 16-17 muffins
What you will need:
- 2 cups gala apples; peeled and diced (2 apples)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + 2 tsp. for coating apples
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon + 1/2 tsp. for coating apples
- ½ cup unsalted butter; softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
Prep Time: 30 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and grease muffin trays with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Mix together and set aside.
- In a small bowl toss apples in 2 tsp. of flour and ½ tsp. of cinnamon; until thoroughly coated. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, use a spatula to cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, thoroughly incorporating each, one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- Gently add small amounts of flour mixture into butter mixture; alternating with milk. Stir until just combined. Fold in diced apples.
- Spoon mixture into greased muffin tins, filling ¾ full. Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown, and toothpick runs clean when inserted.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days or freeze and enjoy later!