These pies are the definition of comfort food and super cute to boot! Make something traditional into something extra special with these individualized chicken pot pies! Packed with veggies, thyme and seasoned tender chicken, these mini pies are a delicious and hearty meal for you and your family! Easily store cooked pies in the freezer for easy go-to weeknight meals! Have some fun and alternate which decorative shapes you use to create themed pies your family will love!
Below makes 4 pies.
What you will need:
- 2 chicken breasts; cut into bite size pieces
- 2 large carrots; peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 can condensed chicken soup
- 1 clove of garlic; minced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ cup cheddar cheese; grated
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp. milk
Prep Time: 30 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 25 minutes
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry and line mini tart shells with pastry. Ensure pastry is pressed down and lining the entire inside of the shells. Using the remaining pastry a decorative cookie cutter to punch out approximately 7 pastry toppers for each pie. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large skillet, add olive oil and heat to medium temperature. Add chicken, garlic and season lightly with salt and pepper. Cook until only slightly pink; turning often.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, then add condensed soup, carrots, cheese, thyme and peas. Mix thoroughly. Simmer for approximately 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Spoon equal portions of filling into waiting pie shells, then top with decorative pastry cut outs. Brush pastry topping lightly with milk.
- Bake pies for 20-22 minutes until pastry is golden brown. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!