Pesto is a wonderful ingredient to use in a variety of dishes including baked chicken. Make the pesto ahead of time (or use store-bought pesto) and you have yourself a simple yet delicious weeknight meal. These pesto baked chicken thighs are wonderfully crispy on the outside and infused with herbaceous pesto. They are packed with flavour, are super tender, juicy and happen to be completely addicting!
Below makes 8-10 chicken thighs
What you will need:
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup Pesto – Simple Pesto Sauce
- 8-10 chicken thighs – skin attached
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time 25-30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pat chicken thighs dry with a paper towel, then cover a large baking pan with aluminum foil. Lay chicken thighs on pan, skin side up.
- Brush thighs with a generous coating of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. When you have 5 minutes remaining on the timer, brush thighs generously with pesto sauce.
- Let cook the remaining 5 minutes; skin side up, then let rest 3 minutes before serving.