Autumn leaves and pumpkins please! What better way to kick off the Fall season than with a little pumpkin spice?! Pumpkin is one of those go-to ingredients that can be used in a multitude of recipes ranging from sweet to savoury. We have stocked up on pumpkin and are ready to tackle a few new recipes! These delicious cookies are packed with classic flavours of fall. Slightly firm on the outside, and soft and chewy on the inside. Get ready to “fall” in love this season!
Below makes 24 cookies:
What you will need:
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tsp. ground all spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 tbsp. + 1/2 tsp. milk
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
Prep Time: 25 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 13 minutes/batch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, all spice, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter and both sugars. Add pumpkin, egg, and vanilla, then mix until thoroughly combined. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon generous scoops of batter onto a greased cookie sheet. Flatten tops of cookies slightly with floured fingers.
- Bake for 13 minutes until the edges are slightly firm and just turning golden. The insides will still be soft and chewy.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- While cookies are cooling, create your icing. In a small mixing bowl combine icing sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Once cookies are cooled completely, use a small spoon to drizzle the icing over the cookies.