These savoury Parmesan bites are deliciously buttery and completely addicting. Growing up this appetizer was a favourite at family gatherings and together we have recreated a version of our own. These truly are a great appetizer choice for any season and are so simple to create. You can also prepare the filling in advance and keep in the fridge until ready to serve. The biggest challenge with these beauties is to only have one!
What you will need:
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley; roughly chopped
- 4 strips cooked bacon; finely chopped
- mushroom stems; finely chopped (keep half the stems as you have mushrooms)
- 25 small / medium sized mushrooms
- 1/4 cup green onions for garnish; sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Rinse mushrooms, then pop out the stems of each. Place half of your total mushroom stems in a medium size bowl. Discard the remaining stems.
- Place mushrooms on a baking pan 1/2 inch apart; stem side up.
- Chop mushroom stems into small pieces then transfer to a medium size bowl. Add Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, bacon, parsley and melted butter. Toss with a fork until well combined.
- Using a spoon, generously fill each mushroom cap with filling mixture; packing down gently as you go.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until mushrooms are tender and juicy.
- Garnish each mushroom cap with 2-3 slices of green onion. Let cool slightly before serving.
**Note: Larger sized mushrooms will need a few minutes extra**