Beat the heat with this beautiful seasonal salad. This combination is so fresh, fruity and is absolutely bursting with the flavours and aromas of summertime. Incorporating the watermelon creates a refreshing burst, which mingles so deliciously with the fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, feta and green onions. Top this salad off with a generous drizzle of balsamic glaze to create the most delightful summertime side.
What you will need:
- 2-3 cups cherry tomatoes; sliced
- 2-3 cups seedless watermelon; cubed
- 2 green onions, finely sliced
- 250g feta cheese; crumbled
- 2 tbsp. Fresh basil; finely chopped
- Balsamic Glaze for dressing
Prep Time: 20 minutes
- You can make this salad ahead of time by chopping up the tomatoes and watermelon, then storing in a sealed (or plastic wrapped) container for up to 6 hours.
- Once you are close to your serving time, add feta, green onions and basil. Toss gently to mix.
- Drizzle with desired amount of balsamic glaze and serve.