Extremely easy with unreal flavours makes for a fun and delicious side dish! The possibilities are endless when it comes to stuffed zucchini boats, but we love the flavour profile created from the mushrooms, feta and green onions! This is a side dish you could absolutely prepare on the BBQ also. We recently paired this savoury side with grilled steaks and found them to be a match made in heaven!
What you will need:
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley; roughly chopped
- 6 mushrooms; chopped into small pieces
- 2-3 tbsp. green onion; thinly sliced
- ½ cup feta cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out the center portion with the seeds. Discard centers.
- Brush the entire zucchini with olive oil, then sprinkle inside with onion powder, fresh parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Fill each zucchini generously with chopped mushrooms, sprinkle with feta cheese and top with green onion.
- Bake for 25 minutes until zucchini is tender and can be easily pierced with a fork. Serve immediately.