These citrus infused muffins are oh so moist and have just the right amount of sweetness. Whether you are looking for breakfast options, a quick snack or a tasty treat for a shower or tea party; these lemon crumble muffins are easy peasy lemon squeezy!
Below makes 12-14 muffins:
What you will need:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup butter; melted
- To create your crumble topping, mix together flour, brown sugar and melted butter in a small bowl. Use a fork to toss until moist. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and place muffin liners in muffin tray.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs until thick and frothy; about 1 minute. Mix in sugar and oil. Continue to whisk until creamy.
- Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla, baking soda and salt. Add sour cream and thoroughly combine. Using a wooden spoon, gradually fold in flour.
- Fill muffin liners ¾ full with mixture and generously sprinkle with crumble topping.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean when inserted.
- Place muffins on a wire rack to cool before serving.