Calling all chocolate lover’s! These cakes are absolutely irresistible! Served warm, once you slice into them, liquid chocolate should ooze out onto your plate. This decadent dessert is easier than it looks, and you will be sure to amaze your guests with the delightful surprise encased in the center of these molten chocolate lava cakes. Add your own flare by garnishing with seasonally fresh berries, berry coolie, icing sugar or whipping cream!
What you will need:
- 4 oz semi-sweet baker’s chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter; softened
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yokes
- 6 tbsp flour
- seasonal berries for garnish
- non-stick cooking spray
Prep Time: 10 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 12-14 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray the inside of 4 ramekin’s and place on a baking sheet.
- Microwave chocolate and butter in a medium bowl (about 30 second) and whisk until the chocolate is completely melted.
- In a separate bowl whisk together eggs and egg yolks, then add icing sugar and flour. Whisk thoroughly.
- Spoon evenly into 4 ramekin cups. Bake 12-14 mins. Let stand for 1 minute. Carefully run a knife around the outer edge of cakes to loosen; and using oven mits invert gently to transfer onto dessert plates.
- Top with whip cream or sprinkle with icing sugar and/or berries. Serve immediately.
- 1 cup frozen berries; thawed
- 1/4 sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- In a medium sauce pan, on low heat, add berries, vanilla and sugar, stir until sugar is melted.
- Simmer for 5-6 minutes, stiring often, until berries have broken down into a sauce consistancy.