Here is an easy and incredibly delicious recipe that will take you through the week without compromising flavour or quality. We love the Asian inspired essence that is found in this dish, and find this recipe to be an excellent option for a light lunch during your work week. You will find this dish is easy to replicate and are sure it will be added to your meal prep menu options!
Depending on portion sizes; you can yield 4-5 meals out of the below recipe.
What you will need:
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. sesame seed oil
- 3 cloves of garlic; minced
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions; thinly sliced (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups minute rice
- 2 cups broccoli; chopped
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Start by whisking together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Get your minute rice cooking, and in a large pot boil water for broccoli.
- In a large frying pan add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Add beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain any excess juices.
- Pour prepared Korean sauce onto cooked beef, mix well and reduce to low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Boil Broccoli for 5 minutes or until dark green in colour and you can pierce with a fork. Drain. Tip: keep a bit of the crunch in your broccoli so they will reheat better.
- To assemble; add rice to plate, top with Korean beef, add broccoli and sprinkle with green onions. Enjoy!