A few simple ingredients, paired with an inexpensive cut of meat, and you can easily create an outstanding dish! Crispy on the outside and super juicy on the inside! These crispy skinned chicken quarters offer the perfect balance of delicious citrus flavours and just a pinch a heat. We recommend you pair this lemon inspired dish with our Easy Carrot Fries!
Below makes 4 servings.
What you will need:
- 4 chicken quarters: skin on
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic; minced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 40-45 minutes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Gently lift the skin of the chicken quarters by sliding your fingers underneath. Gradually loosening as much as you can; yet still keeping the skin attached. Transfer to a large baking dish; placing chickens about 1 inch apart. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic and red pepper flakes. Mix together.
- Lift your loosened chicken skins, and slowly pour lemon mixture under each skin. Use your fingers to push the liquids deep under the skins.
- Lightly press down the opening of chicken skin, locking in as much of the juices as possible.
- Brush outside of chicken skins with olive oil and sprinkle the entire outside of chicken with a generous amount of salt and pepper to allow for that crispy exterior.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until skins is golden brown and crisp. Serve Immediately!