Super quick, low in sugar and absolutely delicious! This granola is fantastic to sprinkle over your morning yogurt or pack as a mid-day snack. Late night cravings? Here is a healthier alternative! There are a million variations of granola and simple ways that you can make it your own, but here is a tested until perfect version that is a real winner and is packed with fibre and protein!
What you will need:
- 2 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup chopped or sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground flax seed
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Prep Time: 5 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add oats, almonds, cinnamon, flax seed and raisins. Mix together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add honey, oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour liquids into dry ingredients and stir until well combined. You may want to use your hands.
- Spread granola mixture over your parchment covered baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Stir granola and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from heat and let cool completely before transferring to an air tight container. Will keep for 1 week.