What do you get when you combine apples, cinnamon and brown sugar? Some may say heaven! Your guests will walk into your house and think you have been slaving away all day from the mouth-watering aroma! We find certain smells can invoke feelings and memories of family. This is one of them for us! These easy apple crisps are a perfect example of how a little love can go a long way.
What you will need:
- 4 ramekins
- 4 medium-sized apples (we like to use honey crisp or empire); peeled
- 4 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 8 tbsp. brown sugar
- 4 tbsp. butter; softened
- 4 tbsp. quick cooking oats
- 1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Prep Time: 20 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 35-40 minutes
- Start by preheating oven to 350° F.
- Grease each ramekin with cooking spray. Peel apples and cut into bite size pieces. Fill each ramekin up to the rim with apples and pack down as you go.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, sugar, oats and cinnamon. Mix thoroughly.
- Add in the butter, and using two knives cut butter into mixture until it resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Generously top each apple filled ramekin with oat mixture; lightly pressing down topping so it forms a nice even coating.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown on top. Let cool for 10 minutes and serve.