Muffins are such a convenient meal prep option for breakfast or snacks on the go! Having a few pre-made items on hand can help get you through the busy weeks. These muffins are super moist and so delicious with their cinnamon spice and subtle sweetness! Like a little bit of a crunch to your muffins? Consider adding some chopped walnuts or almonds to this recipe!
Below recipe makes 10-12 muffins.
What you will need:
- 2 large carrots; grated
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves (optional)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup sweetened coconut flakes
Tip: Add ½ cup of chopped walnuts or almonds to this recipe!
Prep Time: 25 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Start by preheating oven to 350 degrees F and filling muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large bowl add flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves. Mix together and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add oil in slowly and continue to whisk, add vanilla. Fold in carrots gently using the whisk.
- Gradually pour the liquids into the flour mixture, and using a spatula, mix until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in coconut (and nuts if you choose).
- Fill each muffin liner ¾ of the way full and bake for 20 minutes. Test with a tooth pick; toothpick should emerge clean when inserted into center of muffins.
- Let rest on a wire rack for 30 minutes before serving.
Note: Can keep for 5 days in a tightly seal container.