Here is an all-time favourite of ours. We were over the moon with the flavour profiles we were able to create in this well known dish. Try out this recipe the next time you have friends over to watch the game or want to surprise and delight your guests! Comfort meets ultimate flavour when preparing this savory take on a classic.
Below we created 4 sliders; perfect for two. However this recipe can be increased dramatically depending on the crowed you are serving.
(1/2 pound of beef = 4 sliders, 1 lb of beef = 8 sliders etc…)
What you will need:
- 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup red onion; finely chopped
- 4 stripes of bacon; cut in half
- 1 tbsp BBQ Sauce
- 1 large garlic clove; minced
- 4 fresh basil leaves; finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 dinner rolls – we used Brioche buns
Tomato & Spinach Sauté
- 6-7 grape tomato’s; thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup baby spinach; stems removed
- 1 green onion; thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp paprika
Prep Time: 30 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Start by cutting your bacon in half and pre-cooking in a hot pan until crispy; set aside on paper towels. Tip: if you lay bacon in a small bowl lined with paper towel, they will dry curved and will lay more easily on the slider!
- In the same pan, utilizing some of that bacon grease, simmer onions for 3 minutes, add garlic and cook for another minute. Set aside.
- Place your ground beef in a medium-sized bowl. Add BBQ sauce, onion/garlic mixture, salt, pepper and basil leaves. Mix thoroughly.
- Shape beef mixture into a ball. Cut ball in 4 equal quarters. Shape each quarter into a compact well-formed circular patty. Place on parchment paper for easy transferring.
- Cook sliders on BBQ for 7 minutes total – flipping half way through.
- In same pan used for onions, simmer tomato’s and green onion for 1 minute. Fold in spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until spinach is nicely wilted. Transfer sauté into a small serving bowl.
- Assembly: cut rolls in half, add slider, add tomato and spinach sauté, criss-cross two pieces of bacon on top and spread garlic aioli onto top of buns. Enjoy!