Like a little spice in your life? Us too! Some struggle when there is too much heat, so banana peppers are a great compromise between a jalapeño and sweet pepper. These appetizers are super easy and are full of flavour! You can make the filling ahead of time and it can be frozen for future use. If you want more heat use this recipe with jalapeños.
Below recipe makes 12 stuffed banana peppers.
What you will need:
- 6 medium sized banana peppers
- 4 oz cream cheese; softened
- 1/2 cup shredded old cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 slices of bacon (if you use jalapeños you will need 6 cut in half)
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tbps. paprika
- 2 tbps. fresh basil; thinly chopped
Prep Time: 35 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- In a medium bowl add cream cheese, cheddar, parmesan, garlic, paprika and basil. Using a spatula mix together thoroughly. Let mixture chill in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Cut peppers in half length wise; remove all seeds. Place halved peppers on baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a spoon, generously fill pepper halves with mixture, packing down firmly.
- Wrap each pepper from end to end tightly with bacon, securing with a toothpick.
- Bake for 25 mins or until bacon is crisp. Serve!