This Mexican classic is super delicious and can act as either an appetizer or snack! This dip is super easy, versatile and quick to make! The trick behind the guacamole is selecting your avocados. Choose ones that you can push into slightly with your finger; meaning they are the perfect ripeness. Too hard or too soft are not your best options here. This is a recipe that can be adjusted to your liking and you can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd! We have also made guacamole without the cilantro for those who are not enthusiasts of the flavour.
What you will need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¼ cup red onion; finely chopped
- ¼ cup tomato; diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro; roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 -4 cracks of fresh pepper
- Tortilla chips
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Start by cutting your avocados in half length-wise. Remove the seed, and score the flesh of the avocado with a blunt knife. Scoop out flesh with a spoon and place in a medium size bowl.
- Using a fork or masher, roughly mash the avocado. Tip: do not over do it! Avocado should still be a little chunky.
- Add onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly. Serve with Tortilla chips and enjoy!