Holy Guacamole! This Mexican classic is super delicious, healthy and can act as either an appetizer or snack! We have slightly updated the traditional dip but is still just as easy, versatile and quick to make! Select avocados that are perfectly ripe to create a creamy dreamy guacamole. This is a recipe that can be adjusted to your liking and you can easily double the recipe for a larger crowd!
What you will need:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup red onion; finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh tomato; diced (seeds removed)
- 1 tbsp fresh lime or lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 3 -4 cracks of fresh pepper
- Tortilla chips
*If desired: add 1-2 tbsp. of fresh cilantro; roughly chopped
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- In a small frying pan, drizzle a small amount of olive oil, bring to a medium heat, then add onions. Cook onions for 30-60 seconds just sweat them slightly. Tip: This will remove any overly powerful onion taste and will add an extra layer of flavour to your guacamole.
- Next cut your avocados in half lengthwise and remove the seed. Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of the avocado and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Using a fork (or a pastry cutter works well), roughly mash the avocado. Tip: do not over do it! You want the avocado to still be a little chunky.
- Add onion, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper. Use a spatula to mix thoroughly. Serve with fresh Tortilla chips and enjoy!