Wow! This is by far the most flavourful and tender prime rib soup we have ever tasted! Cooking this soup low and slow has proven winning results. What a perfect way to utilize those leftover prime rib bones from Sunday dinner. This soup is so hearty and packed with the most delicious flavours! We strongly encourage you to try this recipe out if possible! Further, found this dish to naturally pair well with mini garlic toasts; perfect to lap up any soup left in the bowl!
What you will need:
- 6 cups water
- 2 prime rib bones; whole
- 2 medium sized cooking onions, thinly sliced
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 medium sized potato; diced
- 2 beef broth cubes
- 2 medium carrots; peeled and chopped thinly
- 1/3 cup frozen peas
- 1/3 cup small pasta noodles
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley; roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 hour 50 minutes
- In a medium sized pot, bring water to boil; then add bones, carrots, garlic, salt and pepper. Reduce to low heat and simmer for 1 hour; covered but leaving the lid slightly cracked. Stir occasionally.
- Remove beef bones and cut as much meat off as you can. Chop into small pieces. Add back into pot. Discard bones.
- Add onion, potato, beef broth cubes and additional cracked pepper into the soup. Simmer with lid cracked for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Add noodles, peas and parsley. Simmer for an additional 20 minutes. Stirring occasionally. Enjoy!
Note: If you choose to add garlic toast, simply slice the desired amount of baguette, butter one side, sprinkle with a little garlic salt and broil on high for 2 minutes! Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley if desired.