Do you love the flavour of sweet potato fries? Here is a healthier way to create a similar taste with earthy undertones. This side dish is super easy and pair’s wonderfully with chicken or red meat dishes. They also make for some great leftover’s. (if there are any!) We love to serve these tasty fries with a simple garlic aioli dipping sauce. We have demonstrated for two people below but recipe can be easily doubled or tripled!
What you will need:
- 3 large carrots
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley; finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
Garlic Aioli Sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 2 tsp. paprika
Prep Time: 15 minutes ◊ Cook Time: 24 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Peel carrots and cut off ends, then cut your carrots in half at the mid-point.
- From there, cut carrots in half length-wise, and continue cutting each piece into evenly cut “match sticks”.
- Place carrot sticks into a large bowl, drizzle with olive oil, add parsley, salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Transfer carrots to baking tray, distributing evenly and bake for 12 minutes, then flip and bake an additional 10-12 minutes until tender. Serve hot.
- Aioli Sauce: Combine mayonnaise, garlic salt and paprika into a small sauce dish and mix thoroughly.